kdesrc-build release 1.12.1
kdesrc-build 1.12.1 had the following changes from the prior release (1.12):
Perhaps the most significant change to aid the conversion to git modules is support for easily adding git modules to your kdesrc-buildrc. It is done in two parts:
The git-repository-base option, which sets up a new repository alias. For instance:
global git-repository-base kde-git git://git.kde.org end global
would setup the
kde-gitalias for git://git.kde.org (saving you from always having to type out git://git.kde.org/). You would then use this with the new module-set feature in association with:
The use-modules option, such as in this example:
repository kde-git # Note, no URL is spelled out
use-modules automoc cagibi attica soprano polkit-qt-1 phonon
module-setdeclares a new module for everything listed in
use-modules, basing the module's repository option on the
repositorygiven for the module set. Other options can be specified in the module set, and they will be passed on to each individual module declared. See the sample rc file or the documentation for more details and examples.
- kdesrc-build will optionally not build a module if there were no changes to the source directory after the update phase is complete. This is sometimes incorrect, but can be a moderate speedup for infrequently-changed modules. See the build-when-unchanged option. In addition, you can use the --force-build option to force the build phase to run for all modules even if you've enabled this option.
- kdesrc-build will now display the number of failing tests when using the run-tests option.
- You can set the run-tests option to
upload, in which case
make Experimentalis run instead of
make test, and the results of the test suite are uploaded to CMake's CDash
- kdesrc-build has changed the way it updates git modules slightly. It should
now support changing the repository option. In addition,
it now uses
git pull --rebaseto merge in KDE upstream changes. If you are a developer this should make it easier to avoid needless merge commits. If you are not a developer then things should work the same as before.
- Debugging output is now also colorized by default (if not outputting to a file).
- Updates to kdesrc-buildrc-sample to account for updates to the KDE software repository layout. Note: The KDE Project is currently migrating from the existing Subversion repository to use a Git repository. Because of this, there may be updates required to your kdesrc-buildrc, even after this release. The next version of kdesrc-build will support building modules dynamically, as the software repository changes (or manually, as before). (Bug 245248)
- The default for the binpath option is now empty. The $PATH environment variable is still used as before when building KDE, so this change should not affect you, but should result in a cleaner $PATH when building.
- kdesrc-build now hides git module cloning messages again, with the exception of Nokia's Qt software checked out from gitorious.org. (The gitorious.org git software contains a bug which is mitigated by showing git checkout output -- if you are unable to checkout qt-copy, make sure you're checking it out from a terminal without redirecting the output of kdesrc-build) (Bug 262145)
- A stray "kdesvn/" path default has been replaced with "kdesrc/" for consistency with the rest of the script.
- kdesrc-build will ensure that KDE libraries and programs are preferred to Qt ones when building KDE, even if the system Qt install is being used.
- kdesrc-build properly checks whether the "ssh-agent" is required for Git modules hosted at git.kde.org.
- kdesrc-build now shows the number of commits that were applied to git-based modules between the current update and the last update (similar to how Subversion-based modules show the number of files affected). kdesrc-build also shows the number of files updated when performing the initial clone of a git-based module.
- Fixed building of l10n modules (used by the kde-languages option. (Bug 262364)
- kdesrc-build now waits for l10n modules to complete their source update before attempting to build. (Bug 262369)
-qt-gitconfigure flag in the kdesrc-buildrc-sample has been removed, as it is no longer used by Qt (Qt always includes GIF support now). If you have this flag in your qt-copy
configure-flags, remove it. (Bug 262076)
- git modules now show an appropriate "Updating..." message if --src-only is used.