kdesvn-build release 1.9
kdesvn-build 1.9 had the following changes from the prior release (1.8):
Note: KDE 3.5-series build support has not been tested in some time, but should still work. This is the last kdesvn-build release where that will be true, I plan on removing all KDE 3-specific code before the next release.
kdesvn-build can now run unit tests for a KDE module, if present (best example is kdelibs). This is controlled by the new
run-testsoption. Example output:
[...] Build succeeded after 14 minutes, and 48 seconds. All tests ran successfully. Installing kdelibs.
See KDE bug 167334.
kdesvn-build can now remove old unused log directories automatically. This can potentially save a lot of disk space if you have used kdesvn-build for a long time. This is controlled by the new
All unused log directories are removed at the end of the build if this option is in effect.
If you want to perform a one-time removal, you can use a command like this:
kdesvn-build --no-svn --no-build --no-install --purge-old-logs=true kdelibs
- kdesvn-build now sets the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable when building KDE modules. This essentially makes CMake prefer software packages installed from kdesvn-build over packages already present on the system if both are present. This fixes build errors from using incompatible software.
- Fix a bug where kdesvn-build would run
svnwithout forcing the output to be English even though English output was expected.
- Do not warn about consecutive build failures for modules that kdesvn-build isn't working on at the time.
- kdesvn-build now skips the conflicted source code check if a source code update is not performed, since kdesvn-build would have performed the check last time the source was updated.
- Fix a problem in environment handling on some systems, which would result in odd error messages and warnings.